Wednesday, February 19, 2014

KIM CONOVER-LOAR

            “As a teacher of art, I work in a wide variety of media. My favorite of these is metal. I bring my many years as an illustrator to the detailed designs of my acid-etched copper pieces and my joy of collecting beach glass to my sterling silver/glass pieces. Much of the beach glass is from the island of Murano; the glass making center of Venice. The ceramic pendants are made from “found” pieces as well. Each piece is hand crafted with care for the enjoyment of the wearer as well as the observer.”

                                                                                    -Kim Conover-Loar



 The enjoyment Kim finds in the creation of her pieces is evident. Each work, small or large, is made truly unique with her interesting blend of found pieces and exotic elements, and the combination creates stunning and elegant wearable pieces of jewelry. Kim’s earrings and necklaces are made of stones and other precious materials including carnelian cabochon, baroque pearls, malachite, Czeck glass beads, and opal. These beautiful pieces are on display and for sale in our gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment