Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Bill Perry


            “As far back as I can remember I was interested in drawing and making things with my hands. In high school I received a scholarship to study painting at The Artists League of Ligonier Valley in Rector, PA. I earned a B.S. in Art Education from Indiana University of Pennsylvania and continued to paint, mostly in oils, throughout my undergraduate days. My first teaching assignment was in Aliquippa, and I loved it. I had so much more freedom than my colleagues in deciding my curriculum, and, as a result, teaching was always challenging and exciting. In 1998 I retired from public school teaching and once again turned my attention to watercolors. Painting is, for me, an ongoing process. I have conducted workshops recently with the Indiana Art Association. Currently, I am conducting a series of workshops with the Tarentum Art Association."
                                                                                                -Bill Perry


            











          
Bill is the only painter in The Artists Hand Gallery to work in two different mediums; both his watercolors and oil paintings are executed with striking skill. His mastery extends from landscapes, to seascapes, to flowers, to faces. His scale is as various as his subjects; while his portraits are life sized, flower studies are magnified and landscapes are scaled down to create the perfectly sized piece for any room.

No comments:

Post a Comment