Wednesday, April 16, 2014

JULIEANN KNOX

            “I have been dabbling in Art for a long time. I minored in Art at the University of Wisconsin in the 60’s. During my elementary teaching years, I continued to follow my interest in Art. I took many evening classes including some at Temple’s Tyler School of Art.
            “In 2001, I married an Englishman with a home in England. I was very fortunate to be able to live there for periods of time. While there I joined an Art Association, took more classes, and exhibited my work. I found so much around me to paint and had the solitude that I needed.
            “I have always been drawn to intense and contrasting colors. My subject matter and style has changed over the years from the very detailed realism to an expressionistic, abstract approach. I love to see where my initial, unplanned splotches of paint will take me.  I gravitate to nature and landscapes but have also painted the odd portrait that simply evolves.
            “I have exhibited and sold my work in England, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Indiana. I recently received first prize in the non-professional category in the Indiana Art Association Winter Show. I have received several awards in other local shows.”
                                                                                                -Julieann
 




            Julieann’s works are simply pleasures to look at. Her uses of complimentary and running colors show true artistic skill and a unique style. Pictured above are details of “Flowers with Personality” and “End of Rte 66", where you can see her beautiful use of texturization and abstraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment