Tuesday, October 22, 2013

JJ Altrogge

"When I was a boy of 5 or 6 years of age, I was fascinated with the Sunday comic strips.  So I tried my own.  That's how I got started in 'art.'  After my discharge from the army, the Texaco geologists convinced me to get a degree in geology rather than commercial art.  In 1964 I came to Indiana, PA where Dave McNaughton and I started a painters' group meeting Monday evenings in the basement of the Episcopal Church.  All my children became interested in art.  In fact, my oldest son, Mark, and I sold many paintings at a local restaurant.  In 1994 I began to send hand-painted birthday cards to all my relatives and my friends in the Lord of Life Church.  By now I have made nearly 5,000 cards in this endeavor."
Sidewalk in Paducah
Oil on Canvas
$300.00
Perspective, depth and color are what makes "Sidewalk in Pudacah" a phenomenal work of art.  The color and perspective move your eye throughout the piece, making you want to take in every bit of detail JJ has put into this oil painting.  This painting has a unique style and creates a sense of fluidity throughout the piece.  The use of color makes this a fun and vibrant work that can be put in any setting, making it a great find for any home!

Come check out all 64 artists works here at the gallery while you enjoy a delicious coffee from our espresso bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment