Friday, February 10, 2017

We are back!

We are pleased to announce that our blog is back in business! As the Artist Hand's new intern, I am looking forward to sharing artwork along with upcoming events on this blog. One piece of art that has already caught my eye belongs to our featured artist, Hsiao Busch. From drawing on walls and glass windows in Taiwan as a child to teaching art in Pennsylvania, this artist has always had a passion for artistic expression. Her work is mainly inspired by random objects and landscapes in her daily life.

Hsiao's exhibition "Metamorphosis" displays work that reflects a combination of old and new experiences. "Reminiscence of the exact location is not my focus, rather to capture the memory or the experience of the moment when I visited the place." Hsiao gives viewers a taste of her experiences with room to place their own.


Sunset Creek
$350

Pictured left is my favorite piece from Hsiao's exhibition "Metamorphosis". When I first walked past this piece, familiarity tickled the hair on my arms. Much like Hsiao, I can't put a specific location to this piece but I can remember the touch and sound that I experienced. Even though my body is stuck dragging through slushy sidewalks, this painting leaves my soul lounging on cool grass.




Please stop into The Artists Hand to purchase some of Hsiao's work and enjoy wonderful seasonal coffee from our Espresso Bar. Also, please check our Facebook page and website, www.theArtistsHandGallery.com, for more information!

All best,
Ali Walker and the rest of us at The Artists Hand Gallery :)

No comments:

Post a Comment