Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Gregory A. Jones

"...Ansell Adams
I can remember reading this many, years ago and how it touched upon what I was trying to convey with my photography. From the very first session in my darkroom I built in the basement of my home in the early 70's I knew this would be a love that would last my lifetime. I remember the first image I developed and still look at that picture after all these years for inspiration. The guidance I received from my stepfather who was a professional photographer was invaluable.
Spring Creek
$150.00
Two years ago I retired after 38 years at Indiana Regional Medical Center and am now pursuing landscape and nature photography on a full-time basis with my studio located in my home where I do all my post-production editing, matting and framing. When not pursuing the perfect photograph I enjoy gardening, landscaping and riding my motorcycle. I also work out to stay in shape for those long days on the trail photographing. The scenery in Pennsylvania offers much for the photographer to build their craft upon. At this time, this is the place I am meant to be to develop my craft."
North Pier Lighthouse
$150.00



At first glance Greg Jones photography can be mistaken for a realism painting. The composition of the photographs looks and feels so surreal that it may seem to be pulled out of his imagination. Greg Jones has a knack for finding the right angle that allows your eyes to follow a pattern with his photographs. He gives you the feeling of actually being in the exact place he captured the moment. Attention to detail is a crucial part of his work.
 
Stop into The Artist Hand and purchase some of Greg's work and enjoy wonderful seasonal coffee from our Espresso Bar. Greg Jones photographs will make excellent holiday gifts for your loved ones and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment