Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Becky Solar

"Growing up in Indiana County, as the daughter of a coal-minor, and one of 9 children, supplies were limited. We painted with watercolors on the ends of newsprint rolls from the Gazette; and if there were no water colors, with crayons, pencils or anything else we could find."

Above is an excerpt from her bio card in our gallery and I must say her style of art is quite wonderful. The collage pieces she assembles each tell a story. A story that can be interpreted in many differing ways. The one thing that attracted me most about the work is her many contrasting colors and contour line throughout her pieces. 

As the new intern here in the Artist Hand, I can say that a lot of the artwork I will encounter will speak to and through me. The work displayed here is absolutely stunning. I myself have talent but not anywhere close to those such as Becky Solar. I greatly advise people to check out her work.


No comments:

Post a Comment