Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bill Perry

"As far back as I can remember, I was interested in drawing and making things with my hands. In high school, I received a scholarship to study painting at THE ARTISTS LEAGUE OF LIGONIER VALLEY in Rector, PA. I earned a B.S. in Art Education from Indiana University of Pennsylvania and continued to paint, mostly in oils, throughout my undergraduate days. My first teaching assignment was in Aliquippa, and I loved it. I had so much more freedom than my colleagues in deciding my curriculum, and as a result, teaching was always challenging and exciting. In 1998, I retired from public school teaching, and once again turned my attention to watercolors. Painting is, for me, an ongoing process. I have conducted workshops recently with the Indiana Arts Association. Currently, I am conducting a series of workshops with the Tarentum Art Association."


Rock #4
Watercolor
$350


Perry uses a very imaginative palette, which makes his work easily recognizable. When viewing his pieces up close, you can easily distinguish the various individual patches of color that together make up whole, familiar objects. The way Perry illustrates the light peeking out from behind the trees in both of these pieces not only softens up the saturated use of color, but also gives off a sense of tranquility.



Early Snow
Watercolor
$450

No comments:

Post a Comment